The Tudor Rose
by Gawen Robinson
Pricing & Order Info.
NATIONAL CURRICULUM - THE TUDORS - HENRY VIII
- 32 speaking roles plus several cameo parts; easily reduced or expanded.
- Unlimited chorus parts - as many as you like!
- Easy to stage with simple scenery - adaptable.
- CD of Backing Tracks available.
- CD of Vocal Tracks available.
- Piano Score available.
- Easily constructed and manageable props.
- Age range - Key Stage 2 Production (7-11 years).
- Duration - One Hour.
Share this product with friends or colleagues...
The Tudor Rose is set out as a musical play in two acts. The narrations should be spoken.
Act 1 concerns the life and times of Henry VIII from his childhood until his death in 1547. The main events in his life are remembered by the ageing King by a series of flashbacks which are re-enacted through song. His long suffering jester and his last wife, Catherine Parr humour him.
Act 2 portrays the events leading up to the invasion of the Spanish Armada in 1588. The action is split between Spain and England as Elizabeth I, Lord Howard and Sir Francis Drake plot to defeat Philip II and his chief naval commander Duke Medina Sidonia.
Each act is preceded by a song leading up to the events of the story. All the songs can be sung by a separate choir while the action is self contained. Please use your imagination!